Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fitness Thursday

It seems that the start of my journey towards fitness is suffering from a slight hiccup. I need to keep focused to be able to make real progress. Anyway I've been encountering this Thursday Thirteen thing all over other people's blogs and after reading about it in their FAQ page I thought that maybe I could list Thirteen Things about my journey each Thursday. It'll serve as my weekly reminder to do at least 13 things worth writing about each week or else shame myself in front (?) of other ThursdayThirteeners or whatever they (oh it's we now!) are called. So here goes.... Oh and I hope someone drops by my blog to cheer me on. ^_^



Thirteen Things to Get Me Started in this Fitness Journey

1. Blog to be accountable.
2. Buy a new "fitness outfit".
3. Sit down with my hubby to explain my need for "me" time.
4. Start sticking to my grocery list.
5. Drink more water or at least juice?
6. Cut back on housework and play with the kids.
7. Stop ordering take out (good for the budget too!).
8. Join an online fitness forum?
9. Take out old pictures of me to remind me how good I can look.
10. Start caring about myself.
11. Try to get more sleep (I don't know how I'll manage this.)
12. Ask hubby if he wants to walk/jog with me in the morning.
13. Keep a positive attitude.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Look at the blogroll on the right -->



9 comments:

jenn said...

I did my first Thursday Thirteen today, too. Hope to see more in the weeks to come!

The Furry Kids said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog.

The Furry Kids

Daisy said...

That's a great list! One way my Mommie keeps in shape is by taking me out in my cat stroller. Were you wondering about the link-box at the end of my post? You can get that from Mr. Linky, here:

www.blenza.com/linkies/

Unknown said...

I need to do all of these..As for my headed, I got the quote from the movie Hitch but cant find a source..Always says anonymous..Wish I could take credit

Amy The Black said...

Those running stroller are great and the kid loves it too. I like to do pilates but whenever I do floor exercises, the kids are climbing on me!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. BTW, Creekistan is a fictional name. I prefer to keep the real name secret.

Anonymous said...

Of cours I'll adopt you. I'm looking for a Nanny! lol

Thanks for dropping into my little piece of Ireland!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, great post, too!

I lost two stone last Spring, grew my hair a little, changed my makeup colours and bought new underwear! Chef (Hubby) says I'm still sexy for an 'old one' Huh?

Give me a shout if you want a chat...

Mom on a Quest said...

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping by too!

Amy - I saw Hitched and I forgot the quote. But that was a great movie.

Amy the Black - Creekistan is a good idea I bet it's more catchy thean the real name anyway. And a little level of anonymity in the web is always good. I for one am paranoid. LOL

Misslionheart - Teehee..you're hubby sure "knows" how to give a compliment. Oh man I need a nanny too!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.